Comfort & Support Through Visitation
Family participation and support are vital to recovery no matter what health struggle our patients are battling. Visitation is important to us and our patients, so we’ve done our best to outline the process and guidelines for visiting adults and teens at Coral Shores Behavioral Health.
Please note that visiting hours will vary by patient. Family will be notified of those hours as soon as possible.
Things to Know Before Arrival
- All visitors must be age 12 or older. Children under 12 will be considered on a case by case basis with prior notice and approval of the treatment team and the Chief Nursing Officer.
- Two (2) visitors are allowed at one time per patient. Ferrying visitors from lobby to the visitation area and back to accommodate more visits during the same period may not be possible.
- We may impose clinically appropriate limitations on patient visitation when visitation would interfere with the care of the patient. Reasons can include infection control, disruptive behavior of visitors or patient need for rest or privacy.
Arrival & Check-In
- You must observe visiting hours. Arrive 15 minutes before the scheduled visiting time to sign in and complete the visitation process.
- All visitor belongings, such as purses, wallets, watches, hats, belts, cell phones and other items considered contraband, should be left in the visitor car. Items such as identification and car keys must be checked into a single user secured locker in the lobby before visiting.
- Check-in at the reception desk and show your identification when visiting a patient here. You’ll receive an identification badge, which you must wear an identification badge at all times while in the building.
- Visitors will be escorted to the visitation area at the start of your visiting period.
Visitation Period Guidelines
- Please follow the direction of the staff person accompanying patients during visitation. Failure to do so can result in being asked to leave and further restrictions during future visits.
- No excessive displays of affection are allowed. Violation will result in immediate termination of the visitation.
- Nothing can be given to the patient during visitation. Any item prearranged to be brought to the patient will first be given to a staff member to be reviewed. Contraband items are absolutely not allowed at any time for any reason.
Here When You Need Us Most
Whether you’re struggling with mental health or addiction issues, the staff at Coral Shores is here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to get you the help you need to recover. Start your no-cost, confidential level-of-care assessment today by calling 772-403-4000 or visiting our Stuart, Florida location.
Our mobile assessment team can also send clinicians to local hospitals, medical offices, schools and businesses for on-site crisis evaluations, outpatient referrals and more. For questions about our programs or facility, call us or use our online contact form.
In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.